Music

Love to the Bronx...

Love to the Bronx...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fat Beats Closing its Doors

Another dope venue/retail spot bites the dust. Yes I was sad when Virgin Megastore went out of business and when the only 2 bookstores in my town closed their doors. It's really hard to take.

As a young person, I've spent many a day soul searching through the stacks at independent establishments. It seems like recently every season has brought with it the end of a legacy.

While I don't believe Fat Beats and establishments like them are gone forever, I do feel a subtle shift in the game that's leaving hip hop fans and artists alike with more questions than answers on where to get hot shit and how to get our product to our fans.

It is a question that will require us to reimage and reimagine hip hop consumption and distribution on a micro and macro scale.

Let the work begin.

- Posted via iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment